Air is a professional, fully decentralized platform that leverages reputation management to enable P2P commerce & essential services directly between people & things without cloud-based intermediaries, empowered by cryptocurrency to manage loyalty (AirPoints) and transactions (AirCoin).
Nathan Frey, CEO @ Air, gives a pitch on “Blockchain-based proof of integrity for photos and documents to empower identity and reputation for people & things.”
PeerTech refers to technical innovations and processes that leverage peer-to-peer (P2P) technology to enable decentralized networks to directly connect people to people and/or people to machines without passing through centralized intermediaries.
Check out the PeerTech Blog
Our vision is for Air to become an open-source, open-data ecosystem for decentralized communication and transactions directly between people and things enabled by reputation management that lives on their devices. In 10 years from now, Air is the heartbeats of a decentralized economy empowering anybody or anything to better interact.
F10, the Fintech Incubator and Accelerator, is delighted to announce that out of the 167 Startup companies that applied to F10’s Prototype to Product (P2) program 10 Startups have been chosen to join.
The P2 Program allows teams with a thrilling prototype to participate in the product development program where they produce a minimal viable product and subsequently incorporate their startup. These 10 startups will now become part of F10’s roster and will be accompanied and supported in their endeavor to bring their ideas to the market.
Talk: Air is the “P2P Network”
Next Start Time: Jan 24th, 2018 – 10:35AM
Air is the “P2P Network”: a new open source P2P network for users to certify their identity, build their reputation, and exchange products and services directly among themselves without intermediaries, fees, or restrictions
Paris, February 3rd, 2017
Issued by European Commission / European Council / European Parliament
The National Reference Center for RFID (CNRFID), supported by the Directorate-General for Enterprise (DGE), set up a working group to create a repository and good practice guidelines for the Data Protection of Applications of Professional Connected Objects. Nathan Frey, CEO of Air, is a founding member of the workgroup that will focus on the upcoming European Law for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), to include the Chart of fundamental rights of the UE (2000/C 364/01)
Art. 8, right to the protection of personal data
- Everyone has the right to the protection of personal data concerning him or her. Such data must be processed fairly for specified purposes and on the basis of the consent of the person concerned or some other legitimate basis laid down by law.
- Everyone has the right of access to data which has been collected concerning him or her, and the right to have it rectified.
- Compliance with these rules shall be subject to control by an independent authority.
What’s Different from Previous Regulations?
• Inventories and data mapping of personal information across your business
• Privacy and Security “by design”
• Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs)
• Mandatory appointments of Data Protection Officers (DPOs)
• Breach notification to Data Protection Authorities (DPAs) and individuals
• Significantly greater fines for data breaches (up to 4% of annual global revenue)
When does GDPR come into effect?
Publication in Official Journal of EU: May, 4 2016
Compliance: May, 25 2018
What are the possible Sanctions? (Art. 83)
20 000 000 € or 4% of the total worldwide annual turnover of the preceding financial year
Air was selected by AXA as one startups in their challenge.